FORTUNA Tokyo is a Japanese luxury brand, born from Kyoto, Nishijin Kyoto Silk, with a mission to ensure the preservation of traditional Japanese craftsmanship techniques.
Based on the concept “Traditional Modern-Classic”, a fusion of current trends and Japanese tradition was made possible. For the majority, our products are men’s wear orientated. We produce items such as woven neckties, shirts, as well as traditional folding fan, all at the highest quality standard.
We want you to discover items that Japanese craftsmanship shines through.
Creative director & Designer
Fascinated by the beauty of Nishijin Kyoto silk, Akiko Koba, launched FORTUNA Tokyo. Neckties and folding fans are meticulously crafted utilizing Nishijin Kyoto silk, bestowing the products with an unprecedented level of luxury, inherent with the historically rich textile’s unparalleled craftsmanship.
Combining her graphic design background, a mixture of contemporary graphic design, infused with traditional Japanese craftsmanship, gave birth to a new genre of style.
Now, Akiko is in the process of crafting new and unique designs for both men and women. Her vision is to introduce people to a new world of luxury fashion, incorporating traditional Japanese and craftsmanship at the highest level.
History of FORTUNA Tokyo
- July 2011- FORTUNA Tokyo brand was released and started selling Kyoto Nishijin silk neckties.
- October 2014 – Polo shirts and Kyoto Nishikin silk folding fans announced as new products for 2015SS. Confirmed to deal in Men’s Fashion with Amazon Japan.
- May 2015 – Pop-up store opened at Mitsukoshi Isetan Nihonbashi main store.
- January 2016 – Selected as a Cool Japan Project by the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry for Hong Kong Fashion Week.
- Exhibit at 2016 FW and perform a runway show. The same year we also started custom-made business suits.
- September 2016 – Collaboration with the movie “Itazura Kiss THE MOVIE” and appeared in the Kobe Collection 2016 AW.
- January 2017 – Popup store opened at Muromachi Credo (Nihonbashi).
Began dealing with Bangkok ISETAN (Thailand).
- October 2017 – Participated in Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo 2018SS (Tokyo Collection) in collaboration with Japanese painter Hiroshi Senju’s waterfall and held a runway show.
- April 2018 – FORTUNA Tokyo’s Kyoto Nishijin silk iPhone case (compatible with 6, 7, 8) was chosen to be exhibited and sold at Paris showroom “Maison wa” for the project of Cool Japan products – Challenge Local Cool Japan in Paris.
- Featured as a designer profile on British Vogue in 2018 April, May and June issues.
- Signed a contract with the showroom “Ivan Bitton Style House” which is managed by one of the top stylists’ of LA “Ivan Bitton”, and began renting our collections for celebrities.
- June 2018 – With the support from JETRO, it has been confirmed that FORTUNA Tokyo will be exhibiting at TRANOI Paris Men’s June 2018. FORTUNA Tokyo released 2019SS Collection.
- August 2018 – Started to sell in Men’s Fashion with ISETAN Singapore Scotts.
- Jan 2019 – With the support from JETRO, it has been confirmed that FORTUNA Tokyo will be exhibiting at LIBERTY FAIRS NEW YORK Jan 2019, FORTUNA Tokyo released 2019AW Collection.